House of Skip

Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Ginger Man, Greenwich, CT

After some shopping and before a round of golf (for my companion) we decided we should have some lunch. We chose a bar called The Ginger Man. It was classier than i expected, it had a hometown bar/steakhouse feel. There was a decent lunch crowd for a Friday, so I am guessing they do a good work lunch business.

The place is big, we were seated in a nice section behind the bar. The bar looked like a cool place to hang and have a beer. They are known to have a good beer selection.

What I was surprised about was how big menu was too. Not just bar food- there were a good amount of salad and entree options.

We started with beers, a cider for my companion (he's a big fan of hard ciders, as they are naturally gluten free). I opted for Rogue Dead Guy, one of my favorites. It was a good choice as it paired nicely with my lunch. I had a sausage platter which was served with two different types of sausage over a bed of sauerkraut and potatoes. It was really delicious. The sausages were juicy and full of flavor, there was a nice whole grain mustard on the side as well. Perfect little lunch if you ask me.

My companion went traditional pub fare with a burger. This burger was on the special menu and was topped with roasted red peppers and mozzarella cheese.
He was equally happy with his choice, it is not often my companion indulges in something like a burger and he really enjoyed it. It was served with a side of fries, nothing special, just a side of fries, but then you don't really need to do anything special to fries, they good just the way they are.

If my companion didn't have somewhere to be (he had a tee time at a local golf course nearby our hotel) I could have stayed at Ginger Man for hours just sampling beers and maybe munching some more on bar goodies, but alas we moved on, hit a few more shops and then it was back to the Delamar for tea and relaxation for me and a round of golf for my companion.

http://www.gingermangreenwich.com/index.php?p=about

64 Greenwich Avenue Greenwich, CT 06830 - Tel: 203.861.6400 

No comments:

Post a Comment