House of Skip

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blue2O, Cherry Hill

One of my dining companions favorite things is good seafood. So, I took him to try a place that claimed to have just that.

Blue2O is a sleek looking place, with blue lights, nice booths and dim lighting. We were pleasantly surprised to find that this bar and grill features half priced bottles of wine on Friday nights, which this happened to be! Bonus. Their house wine is Cupcake, which is not my favorite, but it is ok and at $13 for a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, how can you complain?

We started with two appetizers. As many readers may have caught on to, my companion loves oysters and I am just beginning to appreciate them. So, we got an oyster sampler from the raw bar, which was 8 oysters. They were definitely fresh and definitely yummy, I love loading the horseradish on them! I am not a big fan of the larger ones as I find them to have just a little too just slime. But overall they were good. Our other appetizer was called Sriracha Shrimp and we both agreed were similar to the Bang Bang shrimp at Bonefish Grill. They were spicy, sticky and a little sweet from the sweet chili glaze. They were delish and we were off to a good start.

I had a difficult time making a decision on an entree, the menu is full of yummy sounding things. You can order from the simply fresh, simply grilled menu, featuring different fish and seafood items grilled over a wood fired grill. But they also have seafood specialties featuring some unique entrees like lobster risotto, maple bourbon salmon and Bouillabaisse, after some deep thought, I decided on the maple bourbon salmon and my dining companion chose the bouillabaisse. 

The salmon was sweet and had that great crust you get from cooking with something sticky like maple syrup. The bouilabaisse was huge and had lots of great seafood jam packed in it. We thoroughly enjoyed Blue2O and thought it was a worthwhile trip and could be considered for a re-visit. 

https://www.qdi.com/Blue2o/blue2O.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment