House of Skip

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ted's On Main, Medford, NJ

~Originally posted 3/31/09~
Ted's On Main is like a a little piece of New Orleans, right here in New Jersey. The dining room is small, cozy, and full of warm colors like golds and reds. Many of the photos and decorations are reminiscent of that of New Orleans, you can tell the French and Carribean influence.

Ted's is a BYOB restaurant with excellent staff.  The menu is sophisticated, yet simple, you won't be overwhelmed. As soon as I opened the menu I got excited, one of the appetizers was a Roasted Organic Beet Salad! That is what I started with, while my dining companion had oysters rockefeller, he said they were amazing. My salad was fresh and satisfying and my companion enjoyed his oysters as well. I was in the mood for something light, so I went with Sautéed Scallops with Butternut squash risotto, it was delicious and exactly what I wanted. The scallops were that perfect combination of crispy on the outside and fresh on the inside. At the suggestion of our waitress my companion ordered Citrus Grilled Hawaiian Butterfish with Carribean shrimp cous cous and mango key lime butter, he was not disappointed.

My dining companion had read that Ted's On Main was known for their desserts, so of course we had to find out for ourselves. Being that Ted's tries to give you that New Orleans feel, my companion decided to order the bananas foster. I found something that was calling my name, warm chocolate pecan pie! It was difficult to pass up something they called Chocolate Chip Cookie Meltdown, but I don't often have pecan pie. Both desserts were wonderful and certainly showed why people talk about the desserts at Ted's.

We had a late reservation, so when we arrived at Main Street in Medford, the other businesses were closed, but it seemed as if there were a lot of cute stores in the area. Ted's fits right into this quaint little section of town. So, don't just take my word for it, check it out yourself!
www.tedsonmain.net

No comments:

Post a Comment