Skip to main content

The Frog and The Peach, New Brunswick



~Original post date: 2/23/09~
 
There is a reason The Frog and The Peach is called one of the best restaurants in New Jersey. They recently received 3 and 1/2 stars from New Jersey Monthly Magazine, being noted for both their food and their service in Zagat's as well.
From the moment we walked in I knew we were in for a treat. We sat at the quaint little bar, the wall lined with so many wines it was almost intimidating. The staff is pleasant, friendly and knowledgeable about their extensive wine list and extremely appealing menu.

We were seated in what is usually the outdoor dining area, but is now enclosed for the winter months. It was beautiful and quiet. Our waitress was superb, attentive but not hovering. We had a delicious black bean and artichoke puree soup, which both my dining companion and I enjoyed very much. My companion chose a lovely napa valley chardonnay to go with our meals. My meal was a butternut squash and goat cheese tortelloni, anyone who knows me, could predict I would choose this item off a menu, I love butternut squash and goat cheese, so it was a winning combination. The dish was topped with broth and parmesan cheese, I loved it, what made it unique was the chunks of mortadella ham,a little salty and added such flavor to the dish. My dining companion is equally predictable, he loves tuna and so the Seaweed crusted yellowfin tuna (rare of course) was calling his name. He loved it and said the peanut noodle cake was interesting, in a good way.

On to dessert! Of course, where there is creme brulee then my companion must have it! I tried a light, lovely almond cake that had a sweet Grapefruit Pomegranate Granité on the side. Overall, this dinner was an experience and extremely romantic. The setting of this restaurant really lends it to the idea of romance and the staff is very good at keeping the right distance to allow for that intimate feeling. In saying that this is an experience, that experience comes with a price tag. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, but if you are in the position to treat yourself, this is the place to go. The food is amazing, the service is top notch, well worth the price.

Reservations are highly suggested. As with any restaurant in New Brunswick, there is no parking, you will need to park in a public lot or as we learned, they Hyatt around the corner is also a good place to park, it is just a short two block walk to The Frog and The Peach, as is the Wolfson garage, there is metered parking on the street, but that will be difficult to come by most evenings. The restaurant also offers valet parking for a fee.

http://www.frogandpeach.com/default.aspx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Paleo Burritos" AKA stuffed collard greens

I recently discovered another use for collard leaves, a replacement for our old friend known as tortillas or wraps. After removing the stems and taking a quick 3 to 5 minute bath in boiling water they are ready to go. They are more durable than lettuce and fold over a little easier after being boiled. I have used them to make a variety of lunchmeat and grilled chicken wraps recently and then I got to thinking, couldn't I make a burrito out of them? Once I assembled them, it reminded me more of stuffed cabbage than burritos, call it whatever you want, they were still yummy. So, I'll share the recipe with you.

This recipe should be considered a guide and you can change and swap any way you wish.

Approximately 4 collard leaves
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 yellow onion sliced thin
1 green bell pepper sliced thin
1 4 oz can green chiles
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
the following spices can be added to your taste (I don't measure)
chilli powder
cumin
garlic powder
salt
pepper
cayenne…

Paleo Pineapple Upside Down Cake

EAT MORE KALE

A while ago, I learned of a guy making t-shirts and stickers with the phrase Eat More Kale on them and I was like "wow, I love kale, I need those!". And upon going through the process of finding Robert Muller Moore's website www.eatmorekale.com I found out more about him and learned some shocking stuff that he is going through.

If you live in an area where the fast food chain, Chik-Fil-A exists you may be familiar with their slogan and signs (including a cow) that read, "Eat Mor Chikin". So, they have been fighting to keep Robert from using the phrase Eat More Kale as they believe it is too similar to their slogan.

I support the Eat More Kale website, I'm a fan on facebook and I try to follow the story as best I can. Recently, I saw another blogger share a post about this struggle, including the Letter of Protest (see end of this post for reference) that Chik-Fil-A submitted, as I began to read it, I became very annoyed. Chik-Fil-A claims that because they …